I’m an engineering mananger with twelve years of engineering experience building world class products. I’m passionate about building products that redefine the limits of the web.
I was one of Facebook's first frontend engineers and have contributed to groundbreaking projects like React, Relay.js and Draft.js.
I manage frontend teams supporting abc.net.au, and oversaw the to effort to modernise the ABC's frontend stack.
- Designed and led implementation of a React framework and continous delivery pipeline for ABC's suite of web products.
- Delivered the implementation of ABC's design language in React.
- Delivered AMP functionality that led to a massive boost to reach, greatly exceeding ABC News' yearly traffic goals.
- Hiring, mentoring, and management for Brisbane development teams.
- Recruited, mentored and conducted performance assessments.
- Collaborated with product teams to gather requirements and develop infrastructure road maps.
- Conducted over 200 technical interviews and helped refine the frontend interviewing processes.
- Ran regular internal tech talks for frontend engineers.
- Represented Facebook through presentations at meetups, Web Directions Code and Yow! conferences.
As a front engineer I helped build many core elements of Facebook including the primary site navigation, UI for search, user profile navigation, and the rich text input used sitewide for posting and commenting.
- Contributed to open source and internal infrastructure including React, Relay, and Draft.js.
- Frontend tech lead for the development and launch of Graph Search.
- Taught front end training sessions and mentored new team members.
As a web developer I delivered greenfield internal and client websites.
- Developed an in-house billing system with Jira, Plesk and Zendesk integration.
- Built a user-facing frontend, billing systems, and administration backend for mobile virtual network.
I undertook a number of contract roles across London.
- Lead developer for The Beatles’ official website and CMS (Sapient Nitro).
- Maintained Symfony-powered sites for Marie Claire, InStyle, Wedding and Look (IPC Media).
- Built a PHP-powered interactive game promoting the film Sherlock Holmes (AKQA).
- Development of the Symbian Developer site (Symbian Foundation).
I was the frontend developer for FileFactory, a popular file sharing network.
- Maintained and relaunched site frontend usign PHP.
- Developed Facebook application for photo, audio, and file sharing.
- Created .NET upload and download manager which handled 50% of site traffic.
I was responsible to maintaining multiple websites for mobile content brands, and led a team of developers building a new social networking site.
- Recruited and led teams locally and in the Philippines.
- Designed custom MVC framework using PHP, MySQL and Memcached.
- Integrated third-party avatar chat room, webmail and an IM client.
- Launched features including profiles, photo albums, blogging, friend feed, forums, post via SMS, micropayments, ads delivery, Flash games arcade.
Bachelor of Multimedia, majoring in Interactive Entertainment and Games Programming.
- Awarded Multimedia Studies Medal for the highest GPA amongst graduating class.
- Recipient of School of Computing and Information Technology Multimedia Award.