I’m an engineering manager with twelve years of engineering experience building world class web apps. I’m passionate about building products that push the limits of what the web can do.
I was one of Facebook's first frontend engineers and I've helped build and ship modern, best in class infrastructure like Relay.js and Draft.js.
I lead frontend teams supporting the day-to-day development of abc.net.au, one of Australia’s largest and best regarded news sites, and the development of a modern Node and React stack.
- Tech lead and architect for a greenfield React and Node frontend framework.
- Developed and shipped AMP site using React framework.
- Mentoring, recruiting, and management for a team of frontend developers.
- Recruited, mentored and conducted performance assessments for reports.
- Developed infrastructure road maps in collaboration with product teams across the company.
- Organized monthly internal tech talks attended by the company’s frontend engineers.
- Represented Facebook at local meetups, Web Directions Code and Yow! conferences.
- Conducted 200+ technical interviews and helped manage the frontend interview processes.
I helped develop Timeline in 2011 and Graph Search in 2013. I also worked with Facebook’s product infrastructure team where I contributed to Facebook’s core frontend libraries.
- Contributed to open source and internal infrastructure including React, Relay, and Draft.js.
- Frontend tech lead for the development and launch of Graph Search.
- Taught front end training sessions and mentored new team members.
I built internal and client websites.
- Developed an in-house billing system with Jira, Plesk and Zendesk integration.
- Built a user-facing frontend, billing systems, and administration backend for mobile virtual network.
I undertook a number of short contract roles while living in London.
- Sole developer for redevelopment of The Beatles’ official website and CMS (Sapient Nitro).
- Maintained Symfony powered sites for Marie Claire, InStyle, Wedding and Look (IPC Media).
- Built a PHP-powered interactive game promoting Warner Bros. film Sherlock Holmes (AKQA).
- Maintained and extended the Symbian Developer site (Symbian Foundation).
I was the frontend developer for FileFactory, a popular file sharing network.
- Maintained and relaunched site frontend using a new PHP stack.
- Developed Facebook application for photo, audio, and file sharing.
- Created .NET application which which was the source of 50% of uploads.
I was responsible to maintaining multiple websites for mobile content brands, and led a team of developers building a new social networking site.
- Recruited and led local and remote development teams.
- Designed custom MVC framework using PHP, MySQL and Memcached.
- Integrated third-party avatar chat room, webmail and an IM client.
- Launched features including profiles, photo albums, blogging, friend feed, forums, post via SMS, micropayments, ads delivery, Flash games arcade.
Bachelor of Multimedia, majoring in Interactive Entertainment and Games Programming.
- Awarded Multimedia Studies Medal for the highest GPA amongst graduating class.
- Recipient of School of Computing and Information Technology Multimedia Award.